Monday, July 29, 2013

Hansel and Gretel?

We all know the story of Hansel and Gretel. Two kids get lost in the woods and are led to a possible doom by a house made of sweets. The old witch appearing to be helpful give them all the goodies they can eat with the intent to eat the kids later. My personal moral to the story is that no matter how lost and alone I feel, sweets and goodies will lead me to my doom.

I was doing well until last weekend. There was a birthday party at the end of church and I had one of the treats and it was too sweet! Normally, I would have a couple because I just loooove chocolate. Then on Monday my DH thought he'd be sweet and got me a "happy hour" drink from Sonic. That was my downfall. The rest of the week was full of desserts, sodas and bread.

Through this life change, I have indulged my family in the things that they enjoy and I have had to try to abstain from the temptation. Now, I have given in and the nasty sweetness has me forgetting what I set out to do. Each day I have said no, I will not give in today. Moments later I have a plate of pancakes in heavy syrup!

I feel gross, bloated and carry a load of guilt. It's the cage that Hansel was put in. I can see what the sugar is doing to me and I don't like it. I hope that this blog can be my Gretel and help me escape the wicked sugar.

It's a new week, so I am going to make a new start!

No comments:

Post a Comment