Saturday, July 13, 2013

My first two meals...

I decided to dive right into this life change today. I got up and made eggs, sausage and cheese burritos and cantaloupe for breakfast. And a big glass of H2O.
 
Yummy! When I went to make this meal I went straight to my fridge and pulled out the sausage. My all natural, msg and nitrite free sausage. Which led me to think about reading labels...
 
If you don't read all the labels on your food, start now! You will be amazed at how much sodium, sugars or unpronounceable chemicals are put into the food you eat. Through lots of research, health classes and the myriad of diets I have been on, the one thing that seems to be the same is know what is in your food and where it comes from. If you can't pronounce the ingredient, don't know what it is and know that where it's grown they don't have an FDA, then for the love of all things holy or just for the love of your own health, DO NOT put it into your body!!!
 
As we go through this journey, we will give the research and  provide links where you can get informed on what the ingredients are in your food. Eating healthy and knowing what you eat is key to a healthy life. As GI Joe says, "knowledge is power!"
 
 
Here's my "cheat" with a chocolate flavored protein shake for my mid-morning snack. I think the bendy straw makes it taste even better!
A GNC powder protein shake w/ tsp cocoa powder, 2 cups ice and 3/4 cup almond milk. Give me just under 230 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment