Friday, July 12, 2013

Shantal, a new beginning...

So, I had a doctor once tell me that sugar is my worst enemy. He said, "you are basically an alcoholic." What!?! My body craves sugar as much as an alcoholic's body craves vodka! 20 years later and I haven't listened to that advice.

As Heidi and I were talking about this challenge today, it made me think about how refined sugar has invaded and just about conquered my life. Through my DH's deployments I struggled with depression and the first thing I turned to for support was chocolate. My "battle buddies" would get together and we'd eat more heavy foods and more chocolate. As much as I hate being fat, chocolate has been a comforting friend that I will struggle to cut loose.

At the start of the this endeavor I am asking for extra help and guidance from my Heavenly Father. I know that I am a pretty weak in the will-power department and I need all the help I can get. A scripture comes to mind...

"Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."
-Matthew 26:41  

No comments:

Post a Comment