- Shantal-I got most of my diet info from my mom. While the high protein/low carb diet worked for a couple weeks it was financially hard to keep up.
Best Life Diet-www.thebestlife.com
- Shantal- sound ideas and principles. No pressure to be perfect right off. May work if done in a supportive environment. Must have book and journal to be effective.
- Shantal-expensive start up! hard to follow directions with little support. Tried this twice and had heart palpitations the first time. Second time had zero results in weight loss.
- Shantal-this was a doctor prescribed diet. High protein, low carb, no sugar it is similar to what we are trying to do. It is effective, but hard to maintain with everyday life.
Reshape the nation-www.reshapethenation.com
- Shantal-one of the best programs I've used. Food plan not financially realistic, but made nutritional sense. food and exercise was tailored to a point to fit each person. the prerecorded videos got old after a while. was fairly successful while able to afford it.
Six week body makeover-Michael Thurmond's six week body makeover
- Shantal-liked this one, but hard to maintain in the real world. get an individual plan for body type with foods to eat and exercise plan.
Think Yourself Thin-
- Shantal-This is a book that I borrowed a long time ago. The concept was that one's subconscious keeps you from shedding pounds. There is a lot of self analysis and affirmations. It did help me to realize that I often sabotage myself and I was able to work through some past injuries. Unfortunately, no weight was lost.
- Shantal- I have tried this twice. Once in high school and found that the using the bathroom before weighing was effective to appear to lose weight. I didn't find the meetings supportive since I was at least 20 years younger than everyone else. the second time I did it online. I gave it two months and had a hard time navigating the system and not trying to cheat my numbers.